Religious Emblems For Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, and Venturing
Workbooks can be purchased from your local Scout Shops. Please call them in advance to make sure they have them in supply.
Light of Christ
The purpose is to help the Cub Scout develop a personal relationship with Jesus. With the parents’ active assistance and participation in this program, it is hoped that the Cub will come to see Jesus as a real person and his friend. Designed for 6-7 year old Cub Scouts.
- To support the role of the parents as the primary catechists of their children.
- To have the Scout identify Jesus as a real person and as his friend.
- To foster early family religious involvement.
- To be a stepping stone toward Parvuli Dei and the other religious emblems, when the parents are involved.
- To serve as a catalyst to draw the parents into a deeper involvement with the church, through the child.
The purpose of the Parvuli Dei (Children of God) emblem is to help young Scouts explore a wide range of activities in order to discover the presence of God in their daily lives as members of their families and parishes, and also to develop a good, positive self-image through the contributions they can make to the group or community. Designed for 8-10 year old Cub Scouts.
- To help the Scout of his age develop an awareness of God’s love for each one of His special, unique created beings.
- To help the Scout become aware and understand his identity as an important member of his family, his community, and as a member of the Family of God.
- To continue to develop an awareness as members of the parish and the Body of Christ.
- To aid the Scout in his awareness of the responsibilities that grow out of God’s love for us.
Ad Altare Dei
The purpose of the Ad Altare Dei ( to the altar of God) program is to help Catholic Youth of the Roman Rite develop a fully Christian way of life in the faith community. The program is organized in chapters based on the seven sacraments. The seven Sacraments are a primary means toward spiritual growth. Designed for Troop or Venture Crew members, 13 years old and older.
- The most important aspect of the program is that the Scout grows in his spiritual experience of his relationship to God and the church.
Pope Pius XII
Pope Pius XII is Catholic Scouting’s church-related ministries and vocation program. The program deals with different life choices (single, married, religious, ordained), occupations and ministries in the church as calls from God. It includes youth led discussions on current issues facing the church and society, which are normally included as part of a Pius XII retreat or day of recollection. Designed for Boys and Girls Venturing Crew Members and Boy Scouts 15 years old and older
Religious Activities for Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, and Venturing Crews
The Rosary Series
The Rosary Series focuses on the Mysteries of the Holy Rosary and How to Pray the Rosary. This is an opportunity for youth and adults to learn more about their faith. All youths and adults can work on this activity and earn the patch. This activity can be worked on individually or as a group. It is not necessary to send the completed form. Adults can verify the correct answers.