World Youth Day 2023 Pilgrimage
”Mary arose and went with haste - María se levantó y partió sin demora”
Open to all Young Adults 18 - 34 at the time of the Pilgrimage
Must be able to obtain a passport to enter Portugal, Spain, and return to the US
- Before registering please contact either YYAM Coordinators
- Total cost is based on 2023 projections. $250 non refundable deposit is required at time of registration to hold place in the pilgrimage. Please refer to the document for further payment guidelines.
- Cost is $3,500.00
DRAFT ITINERARY: JULY 29 - AUGUST 7
Day 1 Sat Departure from San Francisco
Day 2 Sun Arrive in Lisbon
- Transfer to Santiago de Compostela.
Day 3 Mon Start Pilgrimage at Basilica in Santiago
Day 4 Tue WYD Opening Ceremony
- Early morning departure from Santiago de Compostela to Lisbon.
Day 5 Wed WYD Activities.
- @ 17h45, Mass to be held in St. Anthony church in Lisbon (built over the birthplace of St. Anthony of Padua)
- After attending the Mass, walk to the restaurant for dinner with Bishop Soto.
Day 6 Thu WYD Catechesis or morning visit to Fatima on your own.
- Papal Evening Welcome.
Day 7 Fri WYD Catechesis, Youth Festival, or morning visit to Fatima on your own.
- Evening Way of the Cross with Pope Francis.
Day 8 Sat Pilgrim Walk,
- Prayer Vigil w/Pope Francis
Day 9 Sun Closing Mass w/Pope Francis.
Day 10 Mon Check out from Hotel. Return to San Francisco.