Dear Butte County Families:
We are heartbroken over the devastation the Camp Fire has caused, and the number of families it has left displaced in its wake. We understand that it may be a long time before students can return to their schools and classrooms in the city of Paradise, and we would like to help by opening up our schools to Butte County students, grades Preschool – 12, who have been displaced by the fires.
Many families have lost nearly everything in this fire, and being back in a school can be a major stabilizing force in a child’s life. Some classes in some of our schools could accommodate more students, and we have thus decided to open those seats to affected families who find themselves near those schools. Though our schools are funded by tuition, we will enroll displaced Butte County students at no cost to the family for the remainder of the academic year. We are seeking philanthropic support for both these new and current students affected by the fire; you can learn more about this effort at: https://www.scd.org/catholic-foundation/camp-fire-student-fund
If you have been displaced by the fire and would like to enroll your child in a Catholic school, please contact the school nearest you for further information.
- Mercy High School, Red Bluff (7-12) – (530) 527-8313 (Busses available in some areas)
- St. Thomas the Apostle School, Oroville (TK-8) – (530) 534-6969
- Notre Dame School, Chico (TK- 8) – (530) 342-2502
- Our Lady of Lourdes School, Colusa (TK-8) – (530) 458-8208
- St. Isidore School, Yuba City (TK - 8) – (530) 673-2217
- Sacred Heart School, Red Bluff (TK – 6) – (530) 527-6727
- St. Joseph’s School, Redding (TK-8) – (530) 243-2302
If you are unsure which school would be closest to you, or you find yourself in another area, please contact the Catholic School Department at (916) 733-0112. We continue to pray for all those affected by the Camp Fire, and those who have come to their aid.
Executive Director of Schools
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Sacramento