Resources for Families
To provide support, the Office of Family and Faith Formation
has created a compilation of resources for you.
Novena for Migrants and Asylum-Seekers at the U.S. Border
Daily Readings click HERE
XXVIII Sunday of Ordinary Time by Rev. Michael Vaughan, Pastor at Good Shepherd Parish in Elk Grove
"I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me." (Philippians 4:13)
This is the 28th Sunday of Ordinary Time. St. Paul shares the source of his strength, Christ Jesus. St. John Paul II said "man is never stronger than when he's on his knees." On another occasion, Paul shared that it was precisely when he was weak that he was strong. Looking at his life it is apparent that he overcame insurmountable obstacles because of his personal love for Christ.
We feel fear when we rely on our own human strength instead of God's. Christ is the vine and we are the branches. We need to learn to lean on Christ. Whatever challenges life throws our way we must remember that we were born for this and I am not afraid because Christ is with me. St. Patrick's breastplate is an eloquent prayer in this regard.
Do I have confidence in Christ?
Where does my confidence come from?
Do I lean on Christ or myself in my daily struggles?
Faith Formation Eucharistic Revival Resources
“One of the most admirable effects of Holy Communion is to preserve the soul from sin, and to help those who fall through weakness to rise again. It is much more profitable, then, to approach this divine Sacrament with love, respect, and confidence, than to remain away through an excess of fear and scrupulosity.” -St. Ignatius of Loyola
How To Explain The 7 Sacraments Without Boring Your Children
Why (And How) To Bring Your Kids To Adoration
Children Guided Adoration, USCCB -and more Resources-
Faith Series Eucharistic Adoration
3-Minute Retreat (Loyola)
5 Tips On How To Receive The Eucharist
Struggling to Believe in the Eucharist?
All Your Questions About Adoration Answered…What Is It? How Do I Go? What Do I Do? And More!
Do You Know About These 6 Incredible Eucharistic Miracles?
-Living the Mass Webinar https://www.loyolapress.com/catholic-resources/scripture-and-tradition/mass-and-liturgy/living-the-mass-webinar/
QUIZ: How Much Do You Know About The Eucharist?
6 Things Children Learn When You Skip Mass On Sundays
Human Dignity Catechesis (bilingual resources)
- Kinder & 1º - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11xpeX9GI2vLzQBQxsljOQAGO_T15qs5W
- 2º & 3º - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FZUkNgPSN-DgoqV-q2XvXz0wzTsuZBpI
- 4º & 5º grado - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AtbXbwzYVMbup-2HWsLIaJ0bydNstRLg
- Jr. High - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/125d4UAL7CSnwCxAGyGkfz_2UdMJFU4RJ
- High School - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wDIgbHSC81feoaGNjj15-OTyEbFnz3Bl
- Adults- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M4reuj_J79dN4m7gDGZvWIZOkJ52uFIB
FAITH FORMATION RESOURCES FOR PARENTS AND PARISH PROGRAMS
- Religious Education *Catholic Online School: Offering a FREE world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere. Strengthen knowledge and learning with a basic moral Catholic education. Catholic Online School is 100% mobile. Providing teachers, with all the teaching resources needed to teach for FREE. Age-appropriate learning resources for all students. If the student is in public school, they can also have a FREE Catholic education. Bringing FREE personalized Catholic education to all people of the world to help end hunger and poverty. A Proud Member of the NCEA. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtJGEHuKI1mx7sNpXga6DHQ/playlists
- The Religion Teacher: The Religion Teacher's mission is to provide practical resources and teaching strategies for religious educators. As a part of that mission, these educational videos will explain the meaning of key Catholic teachings and prayer practices. Learn more at https://www.thereligionteacher.com/
- Bible for Children Printable art activities, available in multiple languages online resource https://www.bibleforchildren.org/languages/english/stories.php https://www.bibleforchildren.org/languages/spanish/stories.php
*Examination of Conscience
Before celebrating the Sacrament of Penance, one should prepare oneself with an examination of conscience, which involves reflecting prayerfully on one's thoughts, words, and deeds in order to identify any sins. USCCB
Examination of Conscience in Light of Catholic Social Teaching https://www.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/sacraments-and-sacramentals/penance/examination-conscience-in-light-of-catholic-social-teaching
Lourdes Live Stream Spend time before Our Lady and implore her intercession by visiting her at Lourdes! This is also a great resource for your Sunday family rosary! Visit www.directfromlourdes.com/lourdes_live_tv
Many institutions, museums, and cultural sites are offering free virtual tours.
Virtual Museum Tours Check out these twelve famous museums that offer virtual tours! https://www.parents.com/syndication/museums-with-virtual-tours/
TEMPORAL NEEDS RESOURCES
Help those who may be experiencing financial burdens during this difficult time.
Food Bank https://www.sacramentofoodbank.org/
St. Vincent de Paul https://www.svdp-sacramento.org/