Due to the necessary measures that have been taken to help keep us safe during these times, many families will be spending more time in their domestic church. To assist in this, the Office of Family and Faith Formation has created a compilation of resources for you to share. PDF's of each section are located to the left. Please feel free to share!
Below, you will find links to the following:
- Spiritual Resources
- Uplifting Activities
- Faith Formation Resources
- Learn at Home Resources
- Temporal Needs Resources
- Sample Daily Schedules for Families
- Bishop's Decree of Dispensation
- Ways to Honor the Lord's Day from home
- Live Stream Masses Available
Lourdes Live Stream Spend time before Our Lady and implore her intercession by visiting her at Lourdes! This is also a great resource for your Sunday family rosary! Visit www.directfromlourdes.com/lourdes_live_tv
Formed If your parish is part of www.formed.org, this is an excellent resource for continued spiritual growth, movies on the lives of saints, and much more!!
Dominican Friars: Province of the Most Holy Name of Jesus Join the Friars for virtual adoration, Stations of the Cross, Liturgy of the Hours, and more! https://www.opwest.org/coronavirus/
Many institutions, museums, and cultural sites are offering free virtual tours.
Virtual Museum Tours Check out these twelve famous museums that offer virtual tours! https://www.parents.com/syndication/museums-with-virtual-tours/
Live Symphonies View live symphonies from your home! https://seattlesymphony.org/live
Virtual Field Trips, Screen-free Activities, & More
FAITH FORMATION RESOURCES
Dynamic Online Resources
- Formed If your parish is part of www.formed.org, this is an excellent resource for continued spiritual growth, movies on the lives of saints, and much more!!
- Catholic Online School From daily readings, to grade-specific lesson plans, to saint stories, novenas and more, this invaluable resource has all you could ever need to provide your child(ren) with structured faith formation and fun while they are at home! https://www.catholiconline.school/collections
- Bible for Children Printable art activities, available in multiple languages online resource https://www.bibleforchildren.org/languages/english/stories.php https://www.bibleforchildren.org/languages/spanish/stories.php
From the Publishers
- Faith & Life by Ignatius Press is an excellent faith formation curriculum that is also available online! With lessons that include prayer, games, quizzes, and more, this is an excellent and convenient way to continue your child(ren)’s faith formation from home! https://www.ignatius.com/promotions/faithandlife/
- Sophia Institute This incredible resource offers free lessons and activities to help families whose children are on home-study due to the Corona Virus. This is a great resource to get ahold of ready-to-go lessons! https://sophiainstituteforteachers.org/elesson/free-current-events?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=covid
- My Catholic Faith Delivered This online platform has a multitude of series and resources for your child(ren) and the family! https://www.mycatholicfaithdelivered.com/home.aspx?pagename=Courses
- Loyola Press In light of the current situation, we would like to remind you that as a Finding God or Christ Our Life customer, you have numerous, free, at-home. Parents can always access at-home resources at www.findinggod.com/family and www.christourlife.com/family. Family resources available, including at-home, parent-led lesson plans.
- Sadlier Sadlier offers online resources for parents, catechists, and parish catechetical leaders free of charge with no login necessary. Everyone has access to these resources whether or not they are current Sadlier customers. https://religion.sadlierconnect.com/login.html or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Mary’s Press There are online resources for the parishes using St. Mary’s Press materials. The at home guides as well as e-books and a few other supportive materials are available, including support for parents who will teach from home. For anyone using St. Mary’s Press, please contact us directly for access to the online support of materials to be able to work from home. The ministry care team direct line is 1-800-533-8095.www.smp.org
- RCL Benziger If a parish uses Blest Are We or Be My Disciples program, they have access to an online free e-book for both students and catechists. If you need help getting this setup please contact Jennifer Vargas-Stolper, RCL Benziger Parish Sales Representative at 626-893-6976 or email@example.com Free online catechetical resources that are liturgically based available here: https://www.rclbenziger.com/catholic-resources
- Lectionary Resources There are also lectionary resources available for primary, intermediate, and Jr high levels. There are Gospel Reflections that are designed to be used with families and intergenerational settings. There are also questions of the week that are lectionary based. This wonderful resource is available for free as well. http://rclblectionary.com/
- Our Sunday Visitor Alive in Christ Parish Digital Books and Home Lesson Plans. You can access the digital books by going to the Student & Family Tab of AIC http://aliveinchrist.osv.com/family
- Pflaum During the current health crisis caused by COVID-19, Bayard is providing the texts of the Sunday liturgies to you free of charge as an aid to worship, especially for those who cannot attend Sunday liturgies because of illness or because they have been cancelled. While this is not a replacement for actual attendance at a Sunday Mass, it will allow you to immerse yourself in the Scripture readings and prayers for each Sunday, along with our reflection on the readings. In addition to the liturgies, our editors have compiled a list of resources to help parents provide social caring and interaction during periods of school closure. https://www.pflaum.com/free-online-resources-to-use-at-home-during-covid-19-outbreak/
- OCP https://www.ocp.org/en-us/blog/entry/resources-from-home
LEARN AT HOME RESOURCES
Coronavirus: Explaining & Praying
- Talking to your kids about the coronavirus https://childmind.org/article/talking-to-kids-about-the-coronavirus/ng-free-subscriptions/
- Prayer, Resources, & Information The Diocese of Bridgeport has compiled excellent resources on praying for those afflicted and affected by the Coronavirus as well as resources for Catholic educators and families. https://formationreimagined.org/recommended-sites/parent-resources/
- Comic Explaining & Exploring the Coronavirus https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/02/28/809580453/just-for-kids-a-comic-exploring-the-new-coronavirus
- Pastoral Response to the Coronavirus http://products.pastoral.center/pc/pc105/1/download-covi/index.html
- Reading, Writing, Math, STEAM, & More!
- Scholastic Understanding the difficulty this virus has caused, Scholastic has generously posted free resources for you and your child(ren)! https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/teaching-tools/articles/resources/scholastic-learn-at-home--free-resources-for-school-closure…
- KidsActivities.Com Here are some great activities to keep your child(ren)’s brains working and challenged in a fun and engaging way! https://kidsactivitiesblog.com/135609/list-of-education-companies-offeri
- Virtual Museum Tours Check out these twelve famous museums that offer virtual tours! https://www.parents.com/syndication/museums-with-virtual-tours/
- Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions http://www.amazingeducationalresources.com/?fbclid=IwAR3QrMH_HKJlYmn30uaeiaELZGE2DoupmvUPlby3I9NV8FPFOaTF530xs8o
- The Religion Teacher https://www.thereligionteacher.com/
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Whether you are an educator or family member, we know you want to make learning a priority even when schools are closed. We are here to help you learn, teach, and grow—safely!—anytime and anywhere. If your school or district is closed due to the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we want to help you continue your students’ education without interruption. Our programs and solutions include digital components, so you can keep teaching and learning no matter where you are. https://www.hmhco.com/coronavirus/access-a-platform
- Brittanica Learn https://britannicalearn.com/covid-19-free-resources/?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=COVID-19%20Free%20LaunchPac…
TEMPORAL NEEDS RESOURCES
Help those who may be experiencing financial burden during this difficult time.
Food Bank https://www.sacramentofoodbank.org/
St. Vincent de Paul https://www.svdp-sacramento.org/