To advise the Bishop on matters pertaining to the needs of Catholics of African descent; to exchange information and promote effective communication among all Catholics, in particular, members of the Sacramento Diocese Black Catholic communities and the clergy within the diocese; to seek and propose ways for effectively meeting pastoral, social, and cultural issues relating to Catholics of African descent; and to strive for the evangelization of our faith communities, the unchurched, and the wider community.
Information and Registration
We encourage you to complete the form at least for census purposes, so that we can have a knowledge about our community in the Diocese. This will help us obtain funds and other support.
- If you have friends or relatives within the Diocese who have not completed this form, please encourage them to complete the form. We are often asked for community statistics and so we need compiled to share.
- If you do not want to register as a member, but only wish to complete the census, please click here.
- Please complete this registration form to stay informed. Also, please consider getting involved – we need your help to make these good goals become a reality!
Thank you for helping the BCM get to know and serve you better!
Goals of the BCM
- Bring an African American Priest to Sacramento
- Establish a Black Catholic Spiritual Center
- Have regularly scheduled Masses with a Gospel choir
- Increase the African American Catholic presence in the Diocese
- Host more Black Catholic Cultural and Social events
- Increase Black youth and family involvement
MEETINGS OF THE BCM
October - March: Every 2nd Saturday of each month, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
April - September: Every 2nd Tuesday of each month, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
St. Rose of Lima Parish - Juan Pablo II Room (John Paul II Room)
5961 Franklin Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95824
Enter the church grounds at the last entrance (southern most), drive to the rear, and go behind the main buildings.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-720-9025 for more information.