Catholic Funeral & Cemetery Services
As a practicing Catholic and member of the staff of CFCS, under the supervision of the Senior Accountant or Controller, the Staff Accountant shall for both CFCS and Sacramento Catholic Family Insurance Services, Inc. (SCFIS):
- Perform accounting functions to include preparing journal entries and maintenance, analysis and reporting of general ledger accounts.
- Perform collection activities for accounts receivable (AR) accounts and be able to discuss payment options with families.
- Participate in processing all transactions and serve as liaison between cemetery operating personnel and accounting.
- Process change order requests.
- Match deposits between system entries and bank transactions.
- Prepare data entry batches.
- Serve as back up for accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Perform special project functions as required.
- Perform other tasks and/or other projects as assigned.