Catholic Funeral & Cemetery Services
As a practicing Catholic and member of the staff of CFCS, under the supervision of the CFO, the Senior Accountant shall for both CFCS and Sacramento Catholic Family Insurance Services, Inc. (SCFIS):
- Perform technical and advanced accounting functions, including maintenance, analysis and reporting of general ledger accounts and budgets.
- Prepare complex accounting records, reports, and analysis in all areas of cemetery finances, including but not limited to accounts receivable aging, inventory, deferred revenue, and accounts payable.
- Prepare correcting, adjusting and closing entries for accounting journals
- Reconcile investment and bank accounts; reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare required entries.
- Prepare departmental revenue and expense reports and analysis.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual independent audits of CFCS and SCFIS, its subsidiary.
- Participate in processing all transactions and serve as liaison between cemetery operating personnel and accounting.
- Assist in the preparation of budget and financial reports.
- Be able to work with large amounts of data to review, analyze and identify trends within the business.
- Perform special project functions as required
- Supervise and assist accounting clerks